13 December 2011

Welcome to my blog

Okay, I'm being yelled at for not actually posting on here after setting it up...so here goes...

About me. I'm a 54 yr old married female with 3 teens. I had gastric bypass surgery in June 2009. My pre-op weight was 319.5. Day of surgery weight was 304. The nurse has told me several times it was something like 284 the day of surgery, but it wasn't. I couldn't have lost that much weight if my life depended on it. I had the RNY at the Naval Medical Center in San Diego. I won't say who the surgeon was because I haven't asked permission to post his name on the internet. He did a wonderful job.

I was up and walking within an hour of waking up. Have been on the run ever since. My experiences and challenges have been absolutely amazing.

Today's weight is 127 lbs. I go up and down a few lbs every day. I teeter around 130. The weight I feel best at is 133.

My hope is that through this blog I might help others that are considering the surgery or have had it and just need that little bit of support that seems so important to us.

Other than ads, I welcome comment posts from everyone!

Thanks so much for taking a peek at my blog. I'll start with a little introduction and get into the meat of my experiences as quickly as I can. Day-to-day life is a struggle. We all go through challenges. We are not defined by our shortcomings. We are defined by what we make of what we are given.

Take care,

L

1 comment: